Please note that prices vary according to the word count of your manuscript. The listed price is for a manuscript up to 80K-words. After that, it's $0.02 per additional word.
Finally! You've finished the sucker. You have written a mother-loving book. A BOOK! Go you, badass! You've accomplished something few will ever do in their lifetime. I hope you've celebrated because, seriously, you rock. Of course, you know the work has only just begun and that's why you're here, right?
What you get when you put your baby in my greedy little editorial hands:
First, know that you're in good hands. Not only do I have six books out in the world--fantasy and contemporary--but I also have an MFA in Writing and am currently editing an anthology that includes some of the biggest authors in young adult lit. I've worked with fantastic editors who have award-winning books under their belts and have some of my favorite writers as mentors. I like to think I know my way around a book. When I take a project on, it becomes my world for the time my eyes are on your pages. I treat your book as if it were my own. I go deep.
- A full critique looking at all macro and micro aspects of your novel (plot, character, structure, voice, craft, tone, pacing, theme etc.). This is the same for non-fiction, though obviously adjusted for the difference in genre.
- Line edits on the manuscript itself
- A detailed editorial letter that includes writing exercises and suggestions for next steps.
- A guide for revision
- A 60-90 minute post-op phone call one week after you receive your feedback
- A discount on a reading of your revised manuscript
Think you're ready to rock this? Hell, yeah, you are!
- Please note that prices vary according to the word count of your manuscript. The listed price is for a manuscript up to 80K-words. After that, it's an additional $0.02 per word.
- Manuscript critiques are for full manuscripts. If you'd like help with your fiction or non-fiction book proposal, please head back to the products page.
- I accept middle grade, young adult and adult fiction of any genre for full manuscript critiques, as well as memoirs and YA narrative non-fiction. No poetry, short stories, or partial manuscripts, please.
I take on a limited number of clients, so payments aren't currently set up here on the website. If you're interested in any of the services, please email me and I'll let you know my availability and get to know you a bit more. In the meantime, be sure to set up a free Focusing Call so we can connect!