Mindfulness Immersion For Writers
Mindfulness Immersion For Writers
*** This is a seasonal offering. Sign up for the newsletter to get in on the Summer 2018 Immersion this July ***
It's time to go deep.
This March, I'll be leading a group of flow seekers into the wilds of their inner lives. We're going to build a meditation practice for you from the ground up so that by the time April rolls around, you'll have a sustainable practice of your own that will support not only your writing, but the rest of your life. We're going to do exploratory writing to get deeper into the practice and to look at all the things the immersion is bringing up. You'll have loads of mindfulness hacks and tools at your disposal so that you can bring what you're learning in meditation into your daily life. You'll be tracking the changes you're experiencing, with help along the way from me and the other writers in the immersion.
When: March 1 - March 31, 2018 (online)
Investment in you and your writing: $150
What you get in exchange (aside from a life-changing practice, of course.):
- 4 guided meditation recordings (1 each week) that are made exclusively for this immersion, with each recording focusing on different facets of the meditation practice
- An Immersion Workbook that includes an extensive intake, meditation tracker, worksheets, writing exercises, creative immersion practices, and other fun assignments. Exercises will be a mix of internal exploration and ways to dive deeper into your fiction using meditation / mindfulness.
- A weekly (live) group Q and A, where we dig into the nitty gritty, be it struggles with focus, physical discomfort, revelations, and all the other amazing / strange / wonderful things that will happen on this journey. This will be recorded, in case you have to miss it.
- A private Facebook group just for this immersion cohort that I will be hanging out in every day, answering questions and cheering you on.
- Daily meditation reminders and check-ins from me - accountability is key!
- Curated readings for each week
Flow: oh, that elusive addiction of writers. We want it. Gotta have it. Crave it like none other. In all my years of working as a writer, I've never found anything that unlocks flow the way meditation and mindfulness practices do. I'm so convinced of meditation's usefulness that I got certified as a meditation teacher to better help my fellow writers discover this wonder for themselves.
Meditation doesn't just help with creative flow, though. Just a few months after I began meditating daily, I was able to (safely) wean off my medication for major depression, of which I'm a lifelong sufferer. I have fewer migraines. I'm much better able to deal with the stress of publishing and the uncertainties and disappointments that crop up in the writing life. I'm nicer (sometimes). And I'm much kinder to myself. I could go on and on. I know this sounds like I'm a snake oil salesman trying to push a miracle tonic on you, but the proof is in the pudding: not only is this ancient practice more relevant and necessary than ever before, there is a SLEW of scientific evidence done on how meditation effects the brain and, people, it's unreal. This stuff works.
Meditation for writers, by writers
If you think you can't meditate, this course is for you. If you've tried meditation and it hasn't stuck, this course is for you. If you're curious about what meditation and mindfulness are all about, this course is for you. If you want to enhance your current meditation practice, this course is for you. If you want to enhance your creative flow, improve your focus and memory, reduce stress, relieve anxiety / depression / fear, THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU.