The Publishing Crash Course
The Publishing Crash Course
It's time. It's finally freaking time to take the leap to get that book deal you have been dreaming about. It’s been a bazillion years, thousands of words, and approximately nine-hundred daydreams about publishing a book. Now you have a book and you think it’s pretty good and that maybe, just maybe, it might be time to send that baby out into the big wide world to see what it’s made of. There’s only one problem: you’re not entirely sure how to go about doing that. What agents are good? How do you prepare a submission? What should you be doing about your online presence: your writer brand, building your platform, and marketing to your readers?
Over the course of three weeks, you and I will get ready to begin submitting your novel to agents. By the time we’re done, you’ll be set to compile your submissions and press send. Alone, this process may feel daunting and stressful. But, together, you’ll be able to take the steps you need to, learn from my rookie mistakes and take advantage of my own publishing knowledge. (Six books published in three and a half years – I’ve got some good war stories to tell you). Guess what, dreamer? It’s time to make fantasy a reality.
What we’ll do:
- 2 Calls, one at the beginning of the period, one at the end. Each call will last approximately 60 minutes.
- Readiness Evaluation (I’ll determine where you’re at in terms of moving forward with your publishing plan, and make suggestions for further improvement).
- Help you create a Publishing Action Plan with deadlines and a holistic eye on the entire submissions process, your mental health as an artist as you go through this, and working with your schedule and time constraints so that you have realistic goals.
- Help you create your agent submission list (note: you will need to do the legwork here, but I’ll point you in the right direction). I am most knowledgeable about young adult agents, but I will chime in on your selections and offer a few of my own, as well as tips from my agent, writer, and editor contacts.
- Assist you in writing your query letter, synopsis, and proposal. I will look at one revision of each.
- Line edits of your first 25 pages & one revision of these pages.
- Assist you in creating your writer brand and online platform. ·
- Help create a Social Media / Website / Blog Action Plan
- Curate a reading list for you (inspiration, comp titles for your novel, helpful articles, etc.).
I take on a limited number of clients, so payments aren't currently set up here on the website. If you're interested in any of the services, please email me and I'll let you know my availability and get to know you a bit more. In the meantime, be sure to set up a free Focusing Call so we can connect!